Go Back   The Sportbikes Website > Motorcycle Repair / Maintenance & Modifications > Motorcycle Repair & Maintenance

Old 05-01-2003, 04:42 PM   #1
F4iWheelieMan
Forum Newbie

2002 F4i Speedometer FI problem! Once again... Heeeeeeeellllllppp!

Okay here is the problem. Since I hit the deer with the F4i, my speedometer, comes on and off as it likes, but the bike starts with it. I bought another one on E-bay, and the speedometer shows up, and the tach zeros out , but it will not start the bike. I am led to beleive there is some sort of relay or something for the Fuel Injection built into the speedometer. The LED light does not come on in this new speedometer, hence why it does not start. I just downloaded the complete book on my F4i, wire diagrams and all. Trying to trace down the problem. Trying to figure out what I have to take out of my old speedometer to make the new one work. Can anyone help? Thanks again!

2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
2002 Honda CBR600F4i
Old 05-02-2003, 05:42 AM   #2
DV8OR
"what goes here"

That is a touighie
Diagnosing electrical problems with out being there to have your hands on is prolly one of the toughest things.

I would put back the old gauges and and trouble shoot from there, it sounds like there is just a loose connection. Check your speed sensor first, then check the wires at the gauges to see if signal is getting to the cluster. If it is thenyou might have to crack the cluster open and see what might be loose inside.

"You cannot expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you?"
---Peasant#2 aka Michael Palin

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was worth it.

Old 05-03-2003, 06:41 PM   #3
F4iWheelieMan
Forum Newbie

Now neither of them work.

Both Speedometers work now, but the Fuel Pump doesn't start up. I checked the connections, and it is all hooked up. Tomorrow I am going to try to direct connect to see if pump is bad. I will have the bike all painted and ready to ride on the 10th, but now I just need it to run, so I can F*ckin' ride it! Any help, would be GREATLY appreciated. HELP ME!:angry :thinking :cussing :argue :bs

:boobs :boobs :boobs :boobs :boobs

2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
2002 Honda CBR600F4i
Old 05-05-2003, 05:58 AM   #4
DV8OR
"what goes here"

Did the fuel pump work with both dashes? I think you are on the right track by checking the pump directly. Let me know what happens

"You cannot expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you?"
---Peasant#2 aka Michael Palin

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was worth it.

Old 05-05-2003, 03:56 PM   #5
F4iWheelieMan
Forum Newbie

Not sure what happened, I was trouble shooting and hooked the headlights up again, and now both speedos work. Damn bikes. I had the headlights plugged in last time, too! Oh well, at least it works now! Thanks!

2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
2002 Honda CBR600F4i
Old 05-06-2003, 04:36 AM   #6
eSeMeS1K2
"not-so-stock"

i was gonna say, the f4i requires the headlight assembly to be plugged in to run...

now for the fuel pump..... its quite possible you've blown the furse to it ((im sure you've checked the r/s switch on the RHS bar)), so id check all the fuses next.........

then double check all the pins on the plug-ins....its possible one is bent, or, misaligned, and not closing the loop